Re: Questions about creating a package or not

> Hello,
>
> I have compiled monit in cygwin but some of the functionalities are not aware.
> I don't have the necessary programming experience to provide them.
>
> The binary is usable, and I supply the unaware features with some
> wrapper scripts that "do same job".
>
> After talking with the monit company, they will not release a monit
> release for cygwin in the near feature.
>
> What should I do? Create a package alerting that some of the
> functionalities are not aware? Don't create a package? Forget it?

Many free software packages have to be adjusted to be used in Cygwin.  Sometimes
not every feature works.  This is perfectly okay.

If you think the version you have works well enough to be useful, and you're
willing to maintain it, then yes, please go ahead and package it.  You should
start by reading https://cygwin.com/setup.html, as Marco said.

Andrew