Re: Too Many Permissions Stripped In 1.7.35?

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> Having discussed this, I can understand that it may be desirable to
>> skip the permissions of the SYSTEM account in these circumstances:
>>
>> - Computing the POSIX ACL mask and default mask value and thus in
>>   the permission mask as printed by `ls -l'.

SYSTEM is Windows equivalent of 'root' account. While in Linux root have
implicit rights, this is not true for Windows. You have to, either, explicitly
grant access rights for SYSTEM, or, again, explicitly grant SeBackup/Restore
privilege to relevant user.
Said that, SYSTEM account should be treated as implicit and ignored, unless
directly mentioned as file owner, as you suggested.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...