Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.3

On Feb 25 10:32, Warren Young wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2015, at 9:21 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> >
> > Did you set this up with a "Microsoft Accountâ?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Btw., the uid and gid values are wrong.  You *are* using passwd and
> > group files, otherwise you would have much bigger uid/gid values.
>
> Oookaaaay.  I thought I just had to remove /etc/{passwd,group}, so
> that the default âfiles dbâ settings would fail to find files and fall
> back to db.

It does... if you stopped and restarted your Cygwin processes afterwards,
or in a new session if you start this one afterwards.  If not, the
existing processes will happily use what they have cached.

If you remove nsswitch.conf and passwd and group, you should still
see uid=197608(Warren) gid=545(Users) in id output now.

If not, I'll be puzzled no end and we will have to debug that.  That's a
threat, if you didn't notice ;)

Corinna

Red Hat