Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.3

On Feb 25, 2015, at 8:23 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

>>  $ chgrp `id -g` id*
>>  $ ls -l id*
>>  -rw-rw---- 1 Warren Warren 1.7K Feb 25 08:12 id_rsa
>>  -rw-rw---- 1 Warren Warren  398 Feb 25 08:12 id_rsa.pub
>
> Hang on, how come your group is your user account?  That's certainly
> not correct and it's certainly not the default, neither with SAM
> accounts, nor with domain accounts.  Is that something set in your
> passwd/group files?  If so, change it.

Iâm using the new SAM support, only.

This is how Microsoft configured this Windows 10 VM.  I havenât made any local user admin type changes, except to create a second account for testing.

I get this from id(1):

$ id
uid=1000(Warren) gid=11000(Warren) groups=11000(Warren) âetc.

This is why my ~/.ssh contents were getting set to mode 660, and why I had to chgrp None them to fix it.