Re: db_prefix=none

Greetings, Fernando CÃsar!

>>> So I spent part of the afternoon dealing with a problem resulting from
>>> incompatible behavior from the last version of CygWin. (I know, I should
>>> have read the *CHANGES*).
>>> The problem is I manage a lot of PC's by ssh, using cygwin. All machines
>>> belong to the same AD, have different names, but the same Administrator
>>> user. However, now each ssh connection needs a different user name.
>> Wait, what? Please clarify this part. I don't get it.
> So, I manage a lot of PC's (associated with an Active Directory) using
> cygwin and ssh
> PC1, PC2, PC3...
> I used to be able to login to any of them with
> ssh PC1
> ssh PC2
> ssh PC3

> using the same user: sysadmin.

> I have my ~/ssh/config file configure like this
> Host PC*
>       Username sysadmin
>       ... <rest of the configurations> ...

> The problem now, is that each PC has a different user. Instead of sysadmin:
> PC1+sysadmin
> PC2+sysadmin

Why not use single domain user instead of creating local user on each machine?

> So, it's more problematic to ssh to each machine.

That's because you are doing it wrong, to begin with.
If all systems are in same domain, there's no reason to create local users on
them at all.

> Programs like clussh, that allow to issue a command to run in every machine
> will be harder to use.

Why I don't have any problem with it?

> I was wondering if there is a possibility of getting the old user names
> back, without the prefix.

See the end of my previous message: you're overcomplicating things that are
essentially simple.
Use one user to manage one domain, not tens of users.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...