Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.1

Greetings, Denis Excoffier!

> Oops. I'm wrong.

> Until this morning i really thought that XP comes with two "personal places" for each user:
> - C:/Home/user for the personal files of the user (that can be called the home directory)
> - C:/Document and Settings/user for the internal Windows files (Program
> Files etc.) not for normal user consumption

> This, because our IT people are keen enough to provide us a "secondary"
> place where to put our personal files. I imagine
> they had too many complaints about spaces in directory names.

> Sorry for the noise.

You CAN change the default location of "Document and Settings" folder. Takes
all of 30 minutes to google, download and make a new ISO image for future
installations.
My regular Windows XP install put user profiles into C:\Users\ nowadays.

P.S.
I hope you've caught the other branch of the discussion, about the pre-set
$HOME and implications of its existence.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...