Re: make android device file system visible as unix path

On 2/14/2015 1:03 PM, Andy wrote:

Why would such a person want to access the handset via a unix path?
Android doesn't have a native Notes app, and if I simply use its text
editor, that's one more app I can avoid installing.  But I would want
to sync it with the laptop copy of the text files via vimdiff and
diff.

Well, I would like a Unix interface just for managing files, say copying
things on and off of my phone without having to use File Explorer or
something like that.

It seems almost, but not quite, possible to mount one of these things
under a drive letter, but some silly Windows restrictions (I remember
investigating but don't remember the detailed road block) made it not
work.  Sigh.

Eliot Moss