Re: ls not in sync with chmod (weird problems with file permissions)

Greetings, diod lightbulb!

> All I can do now is apparently to run all my pre-existing files thru
> setfacl -b (I like to keep my files with 644 permissions) followed by
> chmod. I just have to figure out how to retain the execution bit for
> the few select executables that need it.

> However, I'd like to ask somthing else, is there a way to make newly
> created files outside my home to respect my umask? I just tried touch
> still buggy; ll stillbuggy reports -rw-rwxr--+ while  stat -c " %a %u
> %g" stillbuggy     gives back " stillbuggy 674 1000 545. So ACL still
> seems in effect on both my D: and E: drives except my cygwin home
> directory. Any hint welcome.

Hint: don't bother with it.
You're trying to create a lot of trouble for yourself with very little gain.
Only look for POSIX permissions, where you absolutely MUST have them literal
(i.e. where you have to cater to buggy software that don't properly understand
ACL's).

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...