Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.34-6

On Feb  5 12:07, gjnospam2014-cygwinproblems@yahoo.com wrote:
This update appears to break the no-X emacs daemon.  Specifically, the
process seems to hang, gettingas far as displaying
"Starting Emacs daemon." but not (visibly) further.  If you start an
emacsclient from a different window, it is unable to find/connect to
the server.  If you are trying to start the server using
$ emacsclient -t --alternate-editor=""
then it will just sit there.

I can't reproduce this.  Note that I'm not an emacs user.  What I do:

In one mintty I start emacs and pressed M-x server-start.

In a second mintty I run `emacsclient -t --alternate-editor=""'.  I get
the typical emacs buffer window.  I can type some text and press C-x 5 0
and this exits emacs.

Then I run `emacsclient -t --alternate-editor=""' again, and emacs starts
with a buffer filled with the text I typed in the first client session.

Looks entirely normal to me, as far as I can judge this as emacs noob.

Reverting to cygwin-1.7.33 "fixes" it.

Ken, can you take a look, perhaps?  I'm just not familiar enough with
emacs...

I can't reproduce it either. I think we need more details from the OP, including detailed step-by-step instructions, as well as attached cygcheck output (http://cygwin.com/problems.html). It might also be useful to see the ACL on the directory /tmp/emacs<uid> that the emacs server uses for its socket. OP, can we see the results of 'ls -l' and 'getfacl' on that directory? You might also try deleting that directory and letting emacs create a new one the next time it starts a server.

Ken