Re: Avira find a virus in the binaries generated using GCC under cygwing

On 1/22/2015 2:15 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Marc Le Roy!

I am using the current version of Cygwin (32 bits).
When I compile a C program with GCC, my Avira antivirus as well as the
one running on https://www.virustotal.com find "TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2" in
the exe file.

It is clearly evident from the name, that this is a work of heuristics. Not
real detection.

The remaining 56 antivirus of virustotaldo not find any problem. May I
consider this is a bug in Avira ?

You must.

so Marc,
please open a false positive report with Avira

Marco