Re: xz update 5.2.0 is available upstream - package maintainer?

On Tue, 2015-01-20 at 19:36 +1300, mappu wrote:
> xz 5.2 with cool new parallel compression options is available since
> about one month.
>
> This is a gentle nudge for package maintainer, (whose effort is very
> appreciated) Was this update noticed please?

It was, but it just hit rawhide a few days ago.  I do have an update to
5.0.8 -- released upstream the very same day -- in the queue, but given
the new features, I'm planning on letting it get some more testing
first.  There's also the issue of assuring that setup*.exe can handle
parallel-compressed .tar.xz, as there was previously an issue with
pbzip2 parallel compression.

> or How do i identify who maintains a package for cygwin? to guess if the
> maintainer is still active.

https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

Note that this is NOT an invitation to contact maintainers privately.

--
Yaakov