Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.34-003 (Christmas/New Year release)

[using the 20150113 snapshot already]

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> The leading slash is in integral part of the "path" scheme,  The above
> is not recognized as valid entry at all.

It doesn't work differently now that I've added the slash, though.  To solve
the problems with the server one must re-start both cygserver and sshd after
changing the configuration.  I think it's only cygserver, though, so is
there a signal that one can send to have it invalidate the cache and re-load
the configuration like some daemons on UN*X do?

In any case, the code seems to prefer the mapped drives.  I don't know how
it arrives there, an AD user having a mapped home / roaming profile has the
UNC path available as the homedirectory attribute and the drive latter to
map to is the homedrive attribute.  These two attributes are missing from
accounts that only have local user profiles.

This is problematic for two reasons: it brings in the standard posix=0 mount
option via the cygdrive prefix and when trying to log in via SSH onto a
server the drive mapping is not established unless that user has a desktop
session open on the server.

Regards,
Achim.