Re: Completion issue with 1.7.34-test

On Jan 12 16:37, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Angelo Graziosi!
>
> > With Cygwin-1.7.34-003 (Cygwin64) I can reproduce systematically a
> > completion issue reproducible with the following steps.
>
> > Notice, in my HOME I have a directory called 'work'.
>
> > Boot Windows (W7U64) and login. Start MinTTY.
>
> >    $ ls -lrt ~/w[TAB]
>
> > it produces
>
> > $ ls -lrt ~/work/
>
> > so with an Enter, I can list work,
>
> > $ ls -lrt ~/work/[ENTER]
> > totale 10104
> > [...]
>
> > and is is OK.
>
> > Now
>
> > $ cd /tmp/[ENTER]
> > $ ls -lrt ~/work/[ENTER]
> > ls: impossibile accedere a /ho3/work/: No such file or directory
>
> > Returnig at HOME:
>
> > $ cd[ENTER]
> > $ ls -lrt ~/work/[ENTER]
> > ls: impossibile accedere a /ho3/work/: No such file or directory
>
> > This happens with and without a default /etc/nsswitch.conf file; with
> > only /etc/{passwd,group} files (no nsswithch.conf).
>
> > Reinstalling 1.7.33 and the /etc/{passwd,group} files created at first
> > default installation fixes the issue.
>
> I can't seem to reproduce the behavior. Do you have your $HOME variable
> correctly set? (A shoot in the dark, yes...)
>
> $ uname -a; cat /etc/nsswitch.conf
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1 daemon2 1.7.34s(0.283/5/3) 20150108 17:09:28 x86_64 Cygwin
> passwd: db
> group: db
>
> db_home: cygwin desc windows
> db_shell: cygwin desc windows

Note that Angelo tested with passwd and group files and without
nsswitch.conf, which amounts to the default settings

     passwd: files db
     group:  files db
     db_home: cygwin desc
     db_shell: cygwin desc
     db_gecos: cygwin desc
     db_enum: cache builtin

I cannot reproduce the problem either, using the same environment
(passwd & group files, no nsswitch.conf) and using either bash or tcsh.

The "~" TAB completion is independent of the current CWD, and that's
what I see here.

Angelo, Andrey's idea to check $HOME is interesting.  Also, does
`getent passwd <your accountname>' print the expected stuff, and does
the home dir in the entry agree with $HOME?

Corinna

Red Hat