Re: A list of installed packages (no dependencies) -- this may help

On Jan  3 10:58, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Houder wrote:
> >I replied to your entry in an earlier attempt, but my reply got stuck in the machinery
> >at sourceware.or
>
> Oh, I am afraid of this..
>
> >Below (I hope) you will find a script, that may be of help to you
>
> Thanks for the scripts, I hope hope these and similar features are soon
> included in Cygwin.
>
> Maybe, I have already wrote this, Cygwin needs a true packages manager (I
> have in mind pacman, port (MacPorts, OSX), apt...), or setup/cygport should
> be transformed in that way...

Nobody keeps you from contributing to this project and make setup the
best package manager in the world.  We're only a very limited set of
people with analogue limited time for hacking so we're certainly glad
for any developer interested to invest time into this project.

This is not meant derogatory, but desperate:

  http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI
  http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PGA

Corinna

Red Hat