Re: Windows Services control - start-stop-restart

On 1/7/2015 1:35 PM, Simao Pereira wrote:
Hello to Cygwin Community

i just started using CygWin on my job, and since it has a Windows culture,
there is not a native Linux/Unix Plataform.
so, in order to bring some power to the system i have installed cygwin.

now my problem:
after implementing my routines (bash scripting for handling and generate
files) i need to stop/launch Windows Sevices.
after online search i found that *cygrunsrv * is a tool native, but i could
only figure out how to control services instaled on my CygWin.

The services that i am trying to stop/start are from foreign software
providers that consume those files i now automaticly produce. but for that
to happen the service has to be restarted

To start not cygwin services you need to use the windows commands
net start / net stop

for cygwin services
cygrunsrv -S /cygrunsrv -E

do exactly the same

what i need is some guides on Where to go now.

Thanks all for your understanding if it is a old/stupid question but i
didint find mutch information online

Simao Pereira
Portugal