Re: windows application manifest in gnu cpp application built on cygwin

Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, LMH!
>
>> Can someone point me to a reference for linking a windows 7 compatible
>> application manifest when building a program with GNU cpp under cygwin?
>> I have found some examples of the manifest files I need, but no examples
>> of the syntax for including a manifest in the make file, where the file
>> should go, etc.
>
> Default manifest is already built in unless you provide custom one.
> For including, it's just included, like any other resource.
>

> --
> WBR,
> Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@yandex.ru) 21.12.2014, <04:56>
>
> Sorry for my terrible english...
>

> --

Thanks for the reply,

I tried to use ManifestView to look at the manifest, but ManifestVeiw
can't seem to find a manifest to display. I'm not sure why that would
be. I have also looked at the binary with a text editor and cannot find
any html code or the word manifest. I would like to confirm the
existence of a manifest and am looking for another tool that might work
better.

I presume I need mingw64-x86_64-windows-default-manifest-6.4-1 installed
in the cygwin package manager. Is that correct?

Is there documentation somewhere that describes the gnu c++ default
manifest? I couldn't find anything with a search.

LMH