Re: Possible resource leak

This sounds like something I diagnosed a while back. I see you have Lenovo utilities in your PATH. There is a defect in Lenovo's RapidBoot Shield Version 1.23 that results in process handles (for all processes) not getting closed. This causes these processes to remain in memory as you described (in POSIX terms, as zombie processes). If you do have RapidBoot Shield installed, try disabling (via control panel - Lenovo - RapidBoot Shield) or uninstalling it. Lenovo has discontinued this utility.

Lenovo's RapidBoot Shield should be added to the BLODA list.

Tom.