Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> The meaning of the schemata depend on the setting:
>>
>>   db_home:
>>
>>     windows         AD and SAM: Utilizes the setting of the homeDrive or
>>                   homeDirectory attributes, or their SAM "Home folder"
>>                   counterparts.  The Windows path is converted to a
>>                   POSIX path.

> I'm not really happy with this.  It requires to write some value to the
> homeDrive/homeDirectory attributes, because it doesn't fall back to the
> Windows default values.

> So, another question is this:  Shall "db_home: windows" fall back
> to the default Windows home dir if homeDrive/homeDirectory are empty?

Yes, if you mean it.
I mean, if you intend to use the same directory OS using for user's home
directory, you gotta use something that resembles the OS behavior.

>>     @ad_attribute   AD-only: Read AD attribute "ad_attribute" as POSIX
>>                   path.
>>
>>                   However, I'm contemplating to allow a Windows path
>>                   here, too.  Does this make sense to you?

> I implemented this now.  It doesn't hurt.

Windows path here makes more sense. The translation to POSIX path depends
on the fstab settings, and may vary across different systems, and even
different users, given your aim to make fstab configurable per-user. (Am I
reading it right?)

>>     /path         POSIX path.  Remember the wildcards.
>>
>>     fallback        If nothing works, the fallback is /home/$USERNAME
>>                     (Windows username).
>>

>>   db_shell:
>>
>>     windows         Ignored.  Do you want CMD instead?

> Would be interesting for symmetry only, I guess...

With bogus quoting rules of CMD? It would just not work straight, I'm
afraid. May be better with PS, but I'm not familiar with it, and I don't know
anyone, who's familiar or even considering it's use as a shell interpreter.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...