RE: occasional failure to look up

> Thanks.  Unfortunately it's not useful, because the actual problem
> occurred inside Cygserver.  What I need would be the problem captured
> by running cygserver from the command line like this:

>  $ strace -o cygserver.trace /usr/sbin/cygserver -d 2> cygserver.stderr

Strace output attached.  Also, I removed the dependencies and then confirmed that simply stopping the cygserver process and restarting it eliminates the problem (of course, after restarting the XWin and terminal sessions).  I had one additional thought...sometimes (like today) I work from home and wondered if perhaps a reboot without access to the network might cause the problem.  However, I cycled cygserver WITHOUT connecting to my VPN to the office, and the problem still went away, so apparently a network connection to the corporate AD server is not needed (probably uses my local cache, right?)