RE: occasional failure to look up

> Two things to keep in mind:

> - It's not actually clear yet if it's a sidHistory entry or some SID
>  created by another mechanism.

> Even if it's sidHistory, it may be *very* old.  Did you work at the
>  company already back in NT4 times?  That might explain the sidHistory
>  entry and the total lack of files still having this SID in its ACL.
>  As far as I know, Microsoft suggests to remove the sidHistory entries
>  as soon as they are not needed anymore.

Yes, I guess I'll have to date myself now.  I've worked here with the same user ID since 1975 (full time since 1980), so I span basically the entire non-mainframe computer era.  So what you are suggesting is quite likely, and it would not be surprising for clean-up work to have been neglected.  A quick look in our AD shows numerous things such as "Legacy local groups" and "Legacy Mailboxes".  One concern I have here is that when I dig down into AD to "DC=dow,DC=com,OU=Dow Users,OU=Employees" and find what I believe is my current active record I find a record with "U074036" (capital 'U') whereas the record we saw as my "UID" earlier in this thread was with a lowercase 'u'. I found this by searching for sAMAccountName=u074036, and it is the only record found by this search.