Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

On Nov 14 01:04, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

> >> This is just a subset of what I suggested, so Iâm in favor of it.
> >> (By subset I mean that Iâd prefer you do essentially the same thing for the non-AD case, too.)
>
> > This would be most easily implemented as well.
>
> > The beauty here is that probably 99% of the home users don't set
> > HOMEDRIVE/HOMEPATH in their SAM.
>
> They are always set by default.

Are you kidding me?  We're talking about creating passwd entries from
user DBs, right?  We're certainly not talking about fetching the
environment variables of the current user to create arbitrary user's
passwd entry.  Ever tried the NetUserGetInfo function?

> > So they get /home/$USER as fallback,
>
> No.
>
> > which is what they got with /etc/passwd as well.  And SAM users have the
> > XML-like description field entry as well.
>
> > For AD environments HOMEDRIVE/HOMEPATH are typically set, though.
>
> HOMEDRIVE/HOMEPATH always set.

Funny.  I think I skip the rest of your mail.

Corinna

Red Hat