Re: cygwin setup program questions

just to check my understanding of the setup program, latest version 2.852 (64 bit);

the options are install / re-install / un-install / default

my understanding is as follows;

choosing "install" creates a new installation of the selected cygwin components

choosing "re-install" uninstalls the selected cygwin components, then creates a new installation

choosing "un-install" uninstalls the selected cygwin components

choosing "default" updates the selected cygwin components

so if I wish to update my local installation to the latest release, I would choose "default", as per the following screen capture;

http://www.cpm86.com/default.jpg

the "keep" / "cur" / "exp" radio buttons; changes what the "Default" means: keep the installed packages, update to  whatever the current version is or update to whatever the "experimental" or test version is. (thanks Achim)