Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.6

On Nov 11 12:36, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 11 07:39, Christian Franke wrote:
> > Or mkpasswd -l behavior depends on nsswitch.conf setting:
> >
> > passwd only: Old behavior
> > passwd, db: New behavior, print warning
> > db only: fail
>
> That's an interesting idea...

What I implemented in CVS now:

  passwd only:  -l unprefixed, -L prefixed
  passwd, db:   -l/-L local machine depends on nsswitch.conf,
  		for other machines -l/-L behave as with passwd only.
  db:           ditto.

mkpasswd/mkgroup are used in scripts to fetch account info, not
necessarily to create passwd/group, so I don't want it to fail in
"db" mode.

I also changed the wording of the help text to describe the -l
behaviour in more detail.

Corinna

Red Hat