Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> > I really don't like this one.
>>
>> I'm just summing up suggestions that have been raised in the list for last
>> day. :)
>>
>> > Your naming scheme (user/system/cygwin) has its merits, but I don't see that
>> > a home directory of any sort belongs under AppData.
>>
>> Not home directory. User profile directory.
>> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-11/msg00201.html

> I was talking about the Cygwin home dir.  The home dir is a home dir.
> It doesn't contain only stuff which is application dependent.

We know that much. But it isn't easy to convince whole world in this truth.

> It may
> also contain arbitrary user-specific stuff.

Cygwin-user specific, I'd say. At least, that seems to be common expectation
among the users and developers here.

> So the Cygwin home dir
> is equivalent to the CMD homedir, which is %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%,

Which is covered by "system" setting. Which will either read the location from
AD or use %HOMEPATH%, if all else fails.

> not %HOMEPATH%/AppData/Roaming/CMD.

I don't see, why not. Forget for a moment about its true location.
Does it matter, where the files are located, when cygwin is running?

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...