Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

>Marco Atzeri wrote:

>>On 11/11/2014 7:40 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>>
>>    In short, elusive benefits of having a separate cygwin-specific "clean" homes
>>    versus confusing disjoint of multiple places to look for single user's files,
>>    settings, and other stuff when it comes to backups and migrating profiles.
>>

>This an extremely personal point of view.
>For me, I strongly hate mixing my cygwin home with
>standard windows one.
>I prefer to have separate cygwin home also between 32 and 64 bit
>

>> WBR,
>> Audrey Repin

>Regards
>Marco

Andrey has expressed his opinion on "Cygwin's user home" several times now. And I sincerely
hope that it will not become the accepted view for the location of an user's home.

Please, please, please, do NOT remove the possibility to maintain (the location of an user's
home of) Cygwin as far away from Windows as possible ...

(otherwise I will have another reason the stick to the passwd/group files)

And my apology to Andrey for failing to maintain the "appropriate threading".

Henri