Re: bug/deficiency in unzip: incompatible with other programs when entry path names have non-ascii chars

https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTWLL !

On 2014-11-04 20:08, Brent wrote:
I then reran my complete test suite.  Everything now works except the part
of the test where cygwin unzip is to extract a zip file produced by Java.
This particular zip file has entries whose path names are non-ASCII chars.
I have manually verified that this zip file is perfectly extractable by
7zip and WinZip, so Java does not seem to be the problem.

Thank you for providing your test case. This is a known issue with unzip, and the exact same things occurs with your test.zip on Linux:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/unzip.html

--
Yaakov