Re: terminfo and /usr/share/terminfo requirement

On 2014-11-04 09:19, cyg Simple wrote:
On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Nope.  The problem you're encountering is homemade.  /usr/share is a
normal directory just like /usr.  There's no reason at all to mount
anything there.  If your installation doesn't have /usr/share, your
installation is clearly broken and given that you didn't use setup
to install it, it's really just a case of PEBCAK.

I wasn't asking for help; I have a working install.  I was stating the
possibility of making Cygwin better.  Too bad that one cannot simply
extract the archives and must depend on the blind use of setup.exe.

"Blind use"?  Cygwin setup is, like the rest of Cygwin, open source:

https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/setup.html

Yaakov