Re: Error

On 10/28/2014 05:17 PM, Elizabeth M Theriot wrote:
Hello!

I recently encountered this message in NetBeans 7.4:  " 1 [main] pty 8992 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list" .
Is this perhaps why my code doesn't compile on any machine other than my won?

Well, there's precious little detail to go on here.  But a quick check
of the email archives (or web in general) likely would have unearthed
this reference:

<https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-10/msg00275.html>

From the date and the reference to Windows 8, I think you could conclude
that this is a Windows 8 issue and that any recent (1.7.25 or later version
of the Cygwin package would resolve this - we're at 1.7.32 ATM).  So if
updating the affected systems to the latest Cygwin package doesn't help,
please follow the problem reporting guidelines found at the link below
so folks here will have the necessary boot-strap information to help
diagnose the problem you're seeing.

Larry