Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.1

On Oct 27 16:34, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

> >> OK for me. For postfix, the '$PATH is empty' check would be sufficient.
>
> > Thanks, I applied a patch to add the Windows version of /bin to the
> > Windows environment when spawning a new process.  Checking if $PATH
> > contains this dir is a bit awkward.  If it really turns out to be
> > necessary at one point, we can add it then.
>
> Wouldn't that increase the chance of triggering the bug of environment block
> growing too big?

- If PATH is empty, starting any Cygwin process will fail.

- Adding a few bytes, ~40 in my case, shouldn't really matter.

- Cygwin is creating a UNICODE environment.  The call to CreateProcess
  has no size restriction when using a UNICODE environment.

Corinna

Red Hat