Re: run.exe flashes non-hidden console window in cygwin64 on Win7Pro-64

Thanks, Doug.

I use cygstart.exe to start windows programs (such as winword or notepad) from

a mintty/bash console in a way that allows the mintty console to be closed

while the windows application is still active.

I thought run.exe was meant to be used from shortcuts to run cygwin programs

without flashing a console window on the desktop.  I don't think it's needed
to start programs from a mintty console.