Re: run.exe flashes non-hidden console window in cygwin64 on Win7Pro-64

Greetings, Doug Henderson!

>> Andrey, the flashing console flashes very quickly and I don't know how to slow it down.
>> It appears to have no title and no contents.

Normally, I just fire up a screen recorder in such cases. But I seems to have
missed the beginning of a discussion.

> run appears to work correctly when you use it at a cygwin shell prompt.

> run.exe is a cygwin executable; use ldd see the DLLs that it uses.

> Since your shortcut is not starting a windows GUI program, it starts a
> console window, possibly executing cmd.exe

Depends on the way shortcut is constructed... I don't think it ever touch
cmd.exe, there's no need to do so. But the console window is really the
run.exe itself. Most, if not all, of Cygwin applications are in fact "console
applications" in Windows terms.

> Have you tried changing the shortcut to cause it to open the window
> minimized? I vaguely remember doing something like that with the
> cygwin.bat clone I used to start a (non-X windows) rxvt window.

That may at least alleviate the window flashing in the face of a user.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...