Re: windows clipboard, getclip, putclip, clip, etc

-----Original Message----- From: ping song
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 11:58 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: windows clipboard, getclip, putclip, clip, etc

I hope to send the text to a clipboard that I can just put in notepad with a ctrl-v ....

If the text is in a file (on the Ubuntu machine), the following works fine for me:

$ scp sisyphus@192.168.0.101:~/some.txt /dev/clipboard

Having run that, the contents of some.text are now on the clipboard (with line-endings properly processed) and can be transferred to a notepad file using ctrl-v.

Does that suit your needs ?

(I didn't know this would work ... I think it's something I'll utilise from time to time :-)

Cheers,
Rob