Re: Running a program in Cygwin that was compiled in Linux

Hi Linda,

I doubt very much that you can just copy the object files and get a
working program that way. Does g77 have a cross-compile option?

An alternative is to identify the problem areas in the programs and
adjust them to standard Fortran (g77 does allow a number of
non-standard constructs, but these date back some 30 years). If you
need help with that, you can ask on comp.lang.fortran (or perhaps on
the gfortran mailing list, though that is more for the compiler itself
than for the programs you want to build with it).

Regards,

Arjen