Re: fish PATH problem

On 08/10/2014 17:08, Dave Kilroy wrote:
>>> I suggest you to read fish manual page, and find how to invoke fish
>>> as login
>>> shell. On bash and zsh, there is '-l' flag so that they behave with
>>> fresh
>>> environment variables.
>> Doh! Right. Thanks.
>>

> Does that work. It seemed to have the same issue as noted in the
> following thread https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-04/msg00111.html
>
> Dave.
I've tested launcing `fish -l -i` from wincmd. A lot of errors shown.
I think `fish` is not yet optimized to be `default shell` for cygwin.
There are still more works to be done to make it usable as cygwin login
shell.

For a quick comparison, `bash -l -i` and `zsh -l -i` works fine, even
when launched via wincmd. The PATH environment is set up correctly with
them, so that there is no problem to use bash and zsh for cygwin login
shell.