Re: Direct/efficient way to chop off trailing \n

This function echoes the present directory to the clipboard, so that I
don't have to enter the path manually.

I use this function in a script that sources when a bash shell is
started.  Also echoes the path to the terminal for verification.
Handy for pasting directly into windows file dialogs.

function xx() {
        DESCRIPTION="Copy the Windows drive/path/filename to the clipboard"
        cygpath -w "`pwd`"|tr -d "\012"|sed -e
's/$/\\/'|putclip;echo;getclip;echo
}