Von: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] Im Auftrag von
Daniel R. Grayson
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. September 2014 02:29
An: cygwin@cygwin.com
Betreff: Re: ld crashes with segmentation fault when linking with libmpir.a

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM, JonY <10walls@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/18/2014 03:20, Daniel R. Grayson wrote:
>> ld crashes with segmentation fault when linking with libmpir.a
>>
>> To reproduce:
>>
>>     wget http://mpir.org/mpir-2.6.0.tar.bz2
>>     tar xjf mpir-2.6.0.tar.bz2
>>     cd mpir-2.6.0
>>     ./configure --build=x86_64-pc-cygwin
>>     make
>>     ld -u __gmpn_gcdext .libs/libmpir.a
>>

> What are you trying to accomplish? I suspect this will not work on
> Windows.

This bug prevents me from linking our program under cygwin.  The program is
Macaulay2, see http://macaulay2.com/.  I'm working now on a work-around
involving using libgmp instead of libmpir, and I expect that to be
successful.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it will not work under Windows,
since my bug report is about a program crashing, and the program should
work, i.e., "ld" should link object files together or give an error message.