Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.3.93-1 [TEST]

Ken Brown writes:
> This is another pretest of the upcoming emacs-24.4, replacing the
> current pretest (24.3.91-1).  It includes a workaround for the bug
> reported in
>
>   https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00387.html

I've ran the new test version for a while now, mostly emacs-w32, but
also (not as long or often) emacs-X11 and emacs-nox in mintty (w/ tmux
and screen).  The messages about some locks not behaving correctly and
Emacs after some time either going on anyway or just crashing have not
yet appeared again, so I tentatively conclude these are gone.  I've also
not had strange messages about some errors related to timers, but these
had been so rare anyway that I can't say if they might still be present.

There are still crashes of emacs-w32 that take down Emacs completely
(sometimes with but mostly without it asking for the debugger to be
attached).  So far these have all occured directly in response to
keyboard input (as in the window disappears while the key is still
pressed down).  Let me know if the stackdump would be useful or if I
need to wait out an occasion for when it asks for the debugger to attach
and what to do then.

Regards,
Achim.