Re: sshd default user PATH

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> That means the patch to sshd isn't that important.  Nevertheless, I
> just released cygrunsrv-1.60-1, which prepends /bin to $PATH.
>
> Funny enough, the README file claimed that /bin gets prepended to $PATH
> since the early days.  Just the actual code didn't follow suit :-P

The help output from the command still talks about adding it to PATH, so
that may actually have been intentional: prepending /bin might mess up
things if someone actually wants to get something in front.  All things
considered, I suggest that cygrunsrv doesn't fiddle with the PATH if an
explicit PATH environment has been given on the command line, but prepends
it to the PATH if it gets inherited from Windows.

Regards,
Achim.