Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 12:32:34PM +0000, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
>> From: sous lesquels
>> <snip>
>> > If you can't wait, then read the message using your browser and click
>> > on the "Raw text" link near the top. The first line will say something
>> > like From cygwin-return-191383-listarch-cygwin=...
>> > Note the message number 191383.
>> > Then you send an empty message to cygwin-get.191383@cygwin.com and it
>> > will mail you back the specified message. You can then reply to it and
>> > your reply will be threaded.
>> Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Agree it's not the most direct
>> method, but then again solves all the situations I could think of
>> requiring a physical email message that can be replied to.
>>
>> Thanks for the tip Ken!
>
>Glad to help.
>I'm thinking it should be dirt simple for the web site maintainer
>to add a hyperlink right on the message web page, perhaps under the
>"Raw text" link, which would say something like "Request this message".
>It would simply be a mailto: link with the correct message number added.
>I'm thinking this could make life much easier for digest readers,
>like myself. In the example above, the link would be:
>The only trick would be inserting the proper message number.

No, we're not going to change the way the web archive works.  There is
no easy way that the archiving software would know what the mailto: link
would be.  And, I'm not too interested in hacking at the archiver
anyway.

I'll say it again: Just add the In-Reply-To or References with the right
Message-ID and you'll get threading.

cgf