Re: Emacs-w32... Still Crashing

On Jul  8 12:44, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 11:36:07AM -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> >> Actually, I was scratching my head over that change and wondering
> >> what it was supposed to solve.
> >
> >We believe that this was the cause of e.g. mandb aborting on x86_64
> >without manually enlarging the stack commit size:
>
> "We"?

Yaakov and me in a discussion with integrated testing on IRC.  What are
you trying to imply?

> Isn't that testable by setting the stack size down and putting a
> printf in cygwin somewhere?
>
> In any event, the comment in my code which is supposed to explain why
> the tag is commented out is lacking details.  If this patch is a joint
> effort then please add more details to the change that you made to my
> code.

It's not your code.  The function exception::myfault_handle has been
written by me to workaround the lack of structured exception handling in
GCC on x86_64.

I don't understand what's unclear in this comment.  exception::myfault_handle
is a vectored exception handler (see the comment preceeding the method)
so it short-circuits structured exception handling.  Thus it short-circuits
PAGE_GUARD handling, aka stack commits.

Corinna

Red Hat