Re: Shouldn't 'man' depend on 'col'? Shouldn't 'col' be easier to find?

On 2014-07-08 18:01, Chris J. Breisch wrote:
At Tuesday, July 8, 2014, 12:15:22 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 08/07/2014 17:47, Jack Duthen wrote:
Question #3
To get a 'man' that works when piped, is there a better way than

Am I the only one to get that problem???

util-linux is a popular package, so the issue was not yet noticed.

man was recently changed, so this dependency was likely missed,
specially as it seems hidden inside the man binary.

Yes,  this is true. I'll add it. I'm collecting a few things together,

Careful: right now util-linux requires: perl, so people will complain if it gets pulled as is. I'll attempt to address this soon.

and trying to get the DB creation to work a little faster as well.

That would be good, but there are some additional issues which make me think we should drop this from postinstall.

Yaakov