RE: Minires truncates host names

The Minires output above is produced at the top of the res_nquery function
by the following lines

int res_nquery( res_state statp, const char * DomName, int Class, int Type,
695                 unsigned char * AnsPtr, int AnsLength)
696 {
697   u_char packet[PACKETSZ];
698   int len;
699
700   DPRINTF(statp->options & RES_DEBUG, "query \"%s\" type %d\n", DomName,
Type);

To me it looks like the string was already truncated when it was passed to
the function.

You can test e.g. by using exim -d+resolver  -bt   daniel@cygwin.com

It's wonderful that you got sendmail to work.

Pierre