Re: Feature request - option to save username and password for proxy in setup.exe

On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 07:03:31AM +0530, Siddhant Saraf wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I like that setup.exe remembers the HTTP proxy host name and port for
>the subsequent runs of setup.exe.
>
>If the proxy requires authentication, it prompts for username and
>pasword. Can it include an option to save the username and password
>too ?
>Maybe it can have a checkbox which says "Remember username and password".

This shouldn't be too hard to implement if someone wants to take a stab
at submitting a patch.  You can save these values in the setup.rc file.

You can check out setup sources via CVS:

https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/setup.html

cgf