Re: postgresql-9.2.4-2: ossp-uuid module

On 27/07/2013 09:57 +0200, marco atzeri wrote:

> Il 7/27/2013 9:25 AM, Filipp Gunbin ha scritto:

>>> noted. There is any additional dependency for that ?
>>>
>>> Marco
>>
>> Oh yes, it's libuuid, and unfortunately ossp-uuid does not build with
>> Cygwin's libuuid1 or libuuid-devel modules installed.
>
> that is a problem. We need to understand why

Returning to this old problem,

Currently postgres with ossp-uuid module (--with-ossp-uuid added to
CYGCONF_ARGS) builds with OSSP uuid library
(http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/), but not with libuuid which is
included in util-linux.  I do not have enough skills to identify
problem, but it seems that function "uuid_export" is missing there.
Maybe the OSSP uuid library needs to be added as a separate package in
Cygwin?  It builds from original source with no patches.

>> The correct files are in my /usr/local so I remembered I built libuuid
>> specially for postgres.  I'll try to clarify what is required.

That was OSSP uuid library in my /usr/local, clearly.

Filipp