Installing a program as a Windows service on Windows 8.1

Dear Folks,

I have written a Perl program that I want to run as a service on
Windows 8.1.  However, when I type:
cygrunsrv -I NAME -p /path/to/NAME

Note: NAME has execute permissions, and can be run.

I get the error message:
cygrunsrv: Error installing a service: OpenSCManager: Win32 error 5:
Access is denied.

I am doing this from an account that is shown as "Administrator".  I
am not very familiar with Windows; I only use it to solve problems
that other users of it are having.  Any suggestions are most welcome.
--
Nick Urbanik             http://nicku.org           nicku@nicku.org