Re: More testing needed: New passwd/group AD/SAM integration

On May 13 12:57, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
>
> > I'm still interested in testing of the new Cygwin code to have
> > user/group identification without requiring /etc/passwd and /etc/group
> > files.
>
> So I installed the 2014-05-09 x86_64 snapshot, and did nothing else
> (i.e. left /etc/{passwd,group} alone, didn't create an
> /etc/nsswitch.conf), since your attachment didn't contain anything
> which said "Minimum necessary to make this all work is ...".

Yes, that was a mistake.  I would be mostely interested in experiences
(and anoyances) by dropping /etc/passwd and /etc/group.  The easiest
way to do that is NOT to move the files out of the way, but just
adding an /etc/nsswitch.conf file with this simple content:

passwd: db
group: db

And, having said that, I'd be really glad for more people reading and
ciriticising the preliminary documentation...

> I then successfully launched mintty, but (since the most important
> aspect of my 'identity' is my ability to authenticate using Kerberos),
> the next thing I tried did not work as expected:
>
> > kinit
> Password: ....
> kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: unable to reach any KDC in realm [the right realm for me]
> >

> Switching back to 1.7.29-2 fixed the problem.
>
> What can I do to help locate the problem (unless you have a Kerberos
> principal around you presumably can't reproduce this for yourself)?

I can reproduce it.  This has nothing to with the account stuff, but
rather with a problem with the IPV6 definitions in the Mingw-w64 headers
I encountered lately, and which I had to workaround.  Unfortunately
it has unwanted side-effects.  Sigh.  I'm looking into it.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat