Re: Setting up Apache2 with mod_perl and Apache2::AuthCookieLDAP

On 5/7/2014 5:12 PM, Warren Young wrote:
On 5/6/2014 11:42, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

Adefaria-lt:cygrunsrv -I httpd2 -d 'CYGWIN Apache2' -p

This may be your problem.

While poking around in /usr/sbin, I found httpd2-config, which is 167
lines long, so it must be doing something fairly clever.

I tried it, and Cygwin Apache is running as a service on my box now.

Actually it's not that clever but it does install the service. My problem was slightly different. See https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2014-05/msg00142.html

I still think you're begging for trouble by building new software on top
of mod_perl in 2014, though. :)

I'm tempted to say: "I'm a consultant and trouble rarely follows me" ;-) however I am also a professional. Still I do what my client asks me to do. The client didn't even ask me to use mod_perl! In fact they don't use it but wanted to start (that's how far behind they are(?)).

I don't even understand why I need mod_perl at all... I just want to authenticate via LDAP to the Active Directory domain server. I set up the basic authentication using LDAP/Active Directory authentication but the boss is saying he'd like it make it more convenient for the engineers and use cookies so they don't have to log in every time they restart their browser. I looked up about authentication and cookies and that led me to Apache2::AuthCookieLDAP, which is pulling in the whole mod_perl thing...

... You're in a twisty maze of dependencies, all different...
--
Andrew DeFaria
http://defaria.com