Re: Setting up Apache2 with mod_perl and Apache2::AuthCookieLDAP

First off, David Habermann, you really should respond to the list instead of emailing me directly so that others can benefit. Dave wrote:

>If you are using a Cygwin based Apache then it will follow symlinks=20
>whereas my experience with the Windows based Apache it doesn't.

Although not a popular opinion, I agree with you.  Cygwin based Apache works
and has a number of desirable properties.

>> However I had set up Apache2 as a Windows service before so I know it's
>> doable. I just forget how to do it! ;-) I thought it was just to specify
>> -k or perhaps -DNO_DETACH or something like that...

I just went through the configs and it (httpd2-config) asked if I wanted to=
 create a service,
I said yes and was all set.=20=20
/bin/cygserver-config (cygserver is apparently required)
/usr/sbin/httpd2-config

Hope this helped.
------

Yes it did! It's been a long time and in the meantime somebody made /usr/sbin/httpd2-config which sets up the service nicely.