Re: make error: *** target pattern contains no `%'. Stop.â

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 07:09:00PM -0700, Richard H. McCullough wrote:
>I picked a bad example, since you don't have my source files.
>The point is this: I've been using Cygwin "make" for years
>and never had a problem.  In the last week, "make" suddenly
>changed -- it does nothing but stop on every makefile.
>
>You must have released a new version of "make" which
>is definitely broken.
>
>Just think about it -- why should "make" suddenly force me to add
>       %: force
>targets for all my existing targets?

As long as we're thinking about it, the last release of make was five
months ago and the mailing list isn't filled with people complaining
that make is broken.

If you can identify a simple example of breakage please send it to
bug-make@gnu.org .