Re: GIT

Everyone:
Maybe it isn't clear but, with the exception of newlib, the rest of the
repository in which Cygwin used to reside has moved to git.  Cygwin is
moving too, soon.  I actually had planned on doing this last year before
Corinna asked me to stop (it was apparently going to impact the x86_64
port).  I can't use the git repo that I had built then because I had
changed the configury in a way that is now incompatible with what's in
CVS.

So, I already have a little experience using git and making the
conversion.  And, given the number of people who are not contributing to
the project (see previous discussion) I don't think we have to worry too
much about Cygwin CVS diehards besides Corinna.

Please don't get carried away with offering alternatives to git,
expressing dislike of git, or telling stories about your use of git.  I
don't see how any of that is really useful until Cygwin makes the move.

cgf